Tactics of the Self-Defense Carbine, June 12-13, 2021, Glasgow, KY
This course builds upon the foundations presented in the FSDC course. You will apply skills learned to “real-world” situations. We delve further into Defensive Mindset, and practice extreme close-quarters gunfighting, clearing rooms, multiple threats, low-light tactics, and more.
Must have attended FSDC, or be a graduate of a foundations-type class from a reputable school. All non-Bulwarks applicants must be pre-approved by the Director of Training.
Must be 21 years old, able to own a firearm, or if under 21 must attend with a parent or legal guardian.
Please bring the following:
- A firearm in good working order.
- If a back-up gun (BUG), or a hide-out gun (HOG) are being used in this course, approval prior to the course is mandatory.
- 400 rounds of factory ammunition. Reloaded ammunition must be approved prior to a scheduled class.
- Eye and ear protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended, but not mandatory.
- A 2 or 3 point sling. (No 1-point slings allowed)
- A high-quality flashlight.
- For BUG and HOG guns, a good working holster is vital. Contact The Bulwarks for more information.
- For carbines, at least 3 magazines for the class and some type of retention kit for the spare magazine(s) Same goes for BUG/HOG guns.
- Knee or elbow pads
- Snacks, water, and lunch
- You may also want to bring a lawn chair
We will take a short break for lunch, but there is a LOT of material to cover in this course. It is also important to stay hydrated during this course no matter the season.
Dress for the weather. We will shoot in any weather that allows for safe execution of the drills.